Finding my voice. Using my voice. Loving my voice. A Journey

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Dreams

I spend my days in dreaming and my nights in preparation.
For what I hold to birth within me aches with desperation.

I long for days of springtime sun when what is grey turns green.
and city streets will come alive with people newly seen.

I long to rise with courage out up from the prison of fear
and freely journey forward inviting many others here.

I long for truth to be spoken and heard, to take us by surprise
when the echos of God in us aren't muffled by our self-denying lies.

I long for heart-to-heart encounters and not just a passing-by
where we can truly see each other as you look me in the eye.

I long for words spoken into the silence, to hear voices yet unknown,
and also for silence to have it's place when words must turn to groans.

I long for hearts to truly see the Kingdom all around
and identity to be awoken as what's lost is found.

So many dreams within me, so much hope to hold.
yet I've discovered God within me gives me courage to be bold.

And I entreat you friend or foe in the midst of all this strife
to find within you the will to dream big dreams unto life.

And I hope for you patience to sew these dreams to your own two feet
and not just float them overhead,
beloved, take them to the street.



1 comment:

  1. I love you, dear friend, and I miss your company. It is so good to hear your voice.

    ReplyDelete